Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday, Jan. 10th

Today in class we were BUSY! We wrote about Martin Luther King, read about him, thought about him, and made a 'dream cloud' of our own based on his dream! Ask your child tonight what their dream is! They turned out really cute. I need to put pictures up for you to see!

In math today we practiced MORE 2 digit addition.  We also went back to practicing some estimation (ballpark estimates) and did math boxes (review of past skills) .  I am very impressed with how good a lot of the students have become with the 2 digit addition-- today they called the work 'too easy!' ...and that's great to hear!

Tomorrow we will be getting a new student! Her name is Hailey and she will be our 19th student in the class.  All the students are very excited to meet her.  This groups of kids could not be more welcoming :)

I made arrangements today for the kids to go on a field trip March 28th to see the Beauty and the Beast at Brownell middle school.  The cost will be $2 and I will need parent drivers.  I only have space for 5 drivers so it will be first-come-fist serve to attend the trip. 
I will be sending home permission slips the first week of March but I jsut thought I would give you all a heads up.

*** I sent home some important papers today with C.P. and J.C. I don't have parent email's handy here tonight and am hoping you will check the blog and get those papers from the backpack! ( I know it's a long shot but worth a try!)

Have a good night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment