Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday, Feb. 29th

Today in class we ALL finished our biographies!! The class (and I!) are soooo happy to have completed this big task :)  We also played the fractions version of 'connect 4' during math today.  The kids practiced naming, drawing, and comparing different fractions.  We also did a little probability activity with an 'Abe Lincoln' toss.  Ask your child what secret we found out about the penny today!

**I know I posted this a few days back, but now we are REALLY all set for volunteers for the field trip.  Each class only has 5 parent tickets and the show is totally sold out.  I gave a couple of my extra volunteers to the other 2nd grade classes (because they still needed volunteers) but now we are ALL set!! Thank you so much for all your willingness to help! I feel so lucky to have a class of parents who loved helping out and are able to volunteer to spend this extra time with the 2nd grade children :)  I am still keeping a list of those of you who would like to come with us so that if anyone cancels, I will be able to call you for back-up!

**Conference form due Friday! Lots of students have already turned their forms in, so many of the 'prime' times already been taken.  If you sign up for time that has been taken, I will send you a note back letting you know what times are left.  If you sign up for a time and it is available, I will send you a note back letting you know that you are confirmed for that time.  No matter what, expect a note from me! If you don't see one, ask your child where it is (Ive been letting the kids know how important it is that the notes get to you during this busy time) :)

**Please looks for the 'Secret Envelope' in your child's take home folder from the other week.  I am hoping to get one of these returned for each child--- it is important!!  I guarantee that having you respond to this will make your child's MONTH! This 'secret' activity always puts a HUGE smile on the kids faces :)

** READING WORKSHOP FOR PARENTS AT POUPARD TOMORROW!!!! 6-8pm.  Dinner provided to parents who attend.  Babysitting provided.  Please come if you can :) Bring your Poupard-parents friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment