Friday, March 09, 2012

Friday, March 9th

Thank you to our Mystery Reader-- Anthony's mom!! We had a great time with you today :)

New homework went home today.  There are NO Everyday Math pages in the homework this week because we are not ready to move onto the remainder of Unit 9.  I am spending some extra time with the kids reviewing some borrowing and carrying, as well as place value and more practice with FRACTIONS.  I don't want them moving on until we have mastered these concepts so I sent home some addition and subtraction practice for this week. Also, there is not Challenge list in spelling this week.  The list is all contractions and this is an important concept for all levels.

Today in class we practiced rhyming and made a " _______ in my pocket" modeled after the book "There's a Wocket in my Pocket" that our Mystery Reader (3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Davenport) read to us yesterday.  Ask your child what he/she created!

I didn't give the kids any important reminders for their daily behavior sheet today because I honestly couldn't think of any! Everyone is already signed up for conferences, I have all the field trip forms and $, we don't have anything new due, and there aren't any half days or schedule changes I could think of! I guess this means we can all just enjoy this low-key week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment