Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thursday, Nov. 11th

Happy Veterans Day! I hope all of you remembered to be thankful to our armed forces this Thanksgiving season.  My brother-in-law just returned from a year long tour in Iraq this summer and we are SO greatful to have him back :)
The kids had an assembly today in which they discussed Veteran's Day and also read a book in class about the holiday.  They brought home a little book that they colored and read with a partner today as well- have them to read this to you tonight! :)
I sent home conference reminder/sign-up sheets today for Dec. conferences.  Please return them to school asap so that I can confirm your attendence. Report cards will go home on Dec. 10th but I will be giving you a sneak-peek at conferences on the 1st and 2nd so that we can discuss your child's progress.  I also sent home a little questionairre for you to fill out before conferences to help us both plan for our meeting. 

I had a meeting today at school with the other 2nd grade teachers and was not in the classroom for most of the day.  The sub left a GREAT report (yaye!!) .  I was also able to talk with the sub this morning to give her directions and see some of the kids during the day to make sure things were going well.  Everyone seemed happy :)
Don't forget- tomorrow is Friday so send in that Homework binder!  Also, keep sending in the canned food- we have gotten a lot of generous donations for our Poupard families already :) Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment