Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday, September 10th

Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great 1st week back!  The kids and I spent our day reading non-fiction texts, writing about the flag raising this morning, making and reading calendars in math class, and learning about the butterfly life cycle in science!  I sent home a packet of paperwork with all the students today- the top page was my newsletter and the rest were papers from the office.  Please take the time to look through each one so that you don't miss out on any important information.
Most importantly, I hope that you saw the yellow paper stapled to the back of the packet from Ms. Stocks.  This letter listed the name of your child's New 2nd grade placement.  Thankfully, we have been given permission to open up a 3rd Second Grade classroom in order to reduce class sizes (we have 28 kids right now- yikes!)  I hate to see some of my precious students go to another class, but I am confident that this will be in the best interest of our students learning.  I will keep you posted as to when we will actually make the switch (and once we have officially hired a new teacher!) Please let me know if you have any questions!
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment