Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday, September 13th

The kids did a wonderful job today- I can't believe how fast they are learning our classroom routines and catching on to my daily activites.  They really are progressive quickly!
I sent home a couple of papers from the office today- the Poupard Newsletter and tri-fold.  Usually I like to save papers up until Friday, but there was information in those that I thought may be time sensitive so I sent it along.  No homework tonight but there were 3 students who didn't finish their handwriting so I sent it home.  Check with your students to make sure that they do not have handwriting still to do tonight.  I am really trying to stress the importance of finishing work in class and using time wisely.  Sending unfinished work home as homework usually helps to encourage kids to get it done in class during the time allotted.

Tonight at the dinner table try asking your student to name at leat 3 instances when they should use CAPITAL letters in writing.  We are working hard on this (and also identifying the places where we should NOT be using capital letters! This seems to be an issue with a lot of kids).

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment