Thursday, October 06, 2011

Thursday, Oct. 6th

Today we observed our mealworms (and our butterflies who are STILL in their cocoons...this is quite a surprise to me and I am hoping that we get some butterflies soon or I might be having to go catch some outside one evening to stick in there if you know what I mean...)

We also read the book Alexanders Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day and did some text-to-self connections.  We will be making a class book next week based on this book :)

We did some new centers today and I had a few (one in particular) excited students who loved working with the new centers materials (counting by a certain number, adding 10, base ten blocks, ect.)
Cassady said "can I have my picture? I've been working soooooo hard on this!"
Of course you can!

and now everyone wanted to be in the picture once they saw the camera come out! :)

And in math we worked with spring scales and balances to determine how many pounds or ounces something weighed.  We used the balances to compare items.



Tomorrow I will not be at school :(  Please call the office if you need anything as I will not have email access and don't want to let any important messages get lost.
Thank you!!
Have a super weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment