Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday, October 27th

First of all, I have to say THANK YOU to all the volunteers who came and braved the weather at the field trip o Tuesday!! The kids loooooved it! Ask your child what they caught in the their net at the pond and what they saw on the nature path in the woods :) Unfortunately my camera is currently not working very well but many of the awesome parents who came with us offered to send me pictures from the trip--I will upload them onto the blog as soon as I get them :)

Today at school we had our first town hall meeting.  We talking about being kind to others and listened to the big kids read their writing--wow--what a great job they all did!!

In class today we practiced "frame and arrows" in math (which is like input/output charts or patterns) and we also worked with graphs.  I am noticing that many of the students don't have a lot of experience with reading graphs so I have decided to do a little mini-unit of graphing this November in addition to our usual math lessons--hopefully we will all be graphing experts after that :) Details to come!

**We are in need of gallon size or larger resealable baggies--I use these to store and organize educational games for the kids to work on during centers. If you can, please donate some to the classroom. Thanks!!

Lastly, here are some pictures I took on Monday of the kids doing their regular things in the classroom. Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment