Monday, November 07, 2011

Monday, Nov. 7th

Don't forget- no school tomorrow!!
I sent home some information about the mobile dentist today.  Please read it.  I try not to send papers home on days other than Friday but this one was time sensitive so I wanted to give it to you right away.  We had this program at my old school and it was pretty neat for those who are interested/need the service! :)

Today in class we learned more about the pilgrims and life in the past.  We looked at their clothes and talked about chores and games that the pilgrim children played.  The kids were pretty horrified when I told them that the kids had to work all day just like the adults! You should have heard their responses-- haha!

Some of us also made some cute Thanksgiving themed place mats and centerpieces today for the senior living/nursing home nearby.  They are having a Thanksgiving feast for the residence and needed something to add a little cheer :) The kids wrote the sweetest things on their little notes to them--I wished I had my camera so I could post pictures for you to see!! Kids are so so precious!

In math today we practice added 2 digit numbers.  We will be doing the traditional algorithm this week (stack the two numbers on top of each other, add the ones place, add the tens place) without carrying.  We will start to do it with carrying in about a week and half!

Hope you all have a great night-- don't forget to place any book orders that you would like to place by the end of next week! Im putting in a bunch of new books for the classroom along with your orders and would like to get them ordered before Thanksgiving break. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment