Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday, Sept. 17th

Happy Constitution Day! Today in class we will be talking about the constitution, what it is, and why we need one! The kids will also be writing their own little version of what they think would be in a good classroom constitution :) I added the link to the "School House Rock" constitution song under the "You Tube" tab on this page.

I scheduled a fun field trip for the class! We will be going to see Alice in Wonderland Jr. at Parcells Middle School! This will by Nov. 7th at 1pm.  I will not be sending home permission slips until the middle/end of next month, but I wanted to give you a heads up in case you would like to volunteer to drive. Email me if you think you can make it!

Ask your child tonight what the Constitution is :) We defined it as a "set of rules or laws that we all follow in order to make America a better place"

Have a great night!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the School House Rock!! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Stewart, my daughter Olivia is in Alice in Wonderland. She is the Cheshire Cat! She will be excited to know that our class is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joey told me! That will be so fun-- our class will feel like we know a celebrity :) Congrats to Liv for getting the part!

    ReplyDelete