Thursday, September 06, 2012

Thursday, Sept. 6th

BIG NEWS!! Because our class size has grown to 26, the decision has been made to move some students into another classroom starting MONDAY.  4 of my students will be moved into Ms. Ranieri's classroom as part of a multi-age, grade 1-2 split.  A note went home today explaining how the decision was made and WHO YOUR CHILD'S NEW TEACHER WILL BE.  Almost all students will remain in my classroom.  The 4 students who were chosen to move classrooms were selected by Ms. Stocks in an effort to build a successful learning community in the new classroom. I truly hate to see any of my students go, however, I know that having a smaller class size will benefit all students.  Mrs. Ranieri is a wonderful teacher and I know that any students moving to her room will love her :) Please check your child's backpack for the note tonight.  I will be talking with the entire class about this change tomorrow.

In other (not as big) news, today in class we started Writer's Workshop! We also read a book about friendship and diversity.  In math we practiced with clocks. Again, many students had this concept down but a few did not remember to count by 5's when reading the minute hand.  If you don't have an analog clock at home, it would be WONDERFUL if you could get one so that your child can practice telling time throughout the day.

Hope you all have a great night!! If you need to talk to me about the class switching, I will come outside a little early tomorrow to chat and hear your questions and concerns (or you can come inside to see me if I am not out there yet).  Ms. Stocks will also be available today after school if you need to call or talk with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment