Friday, September 09, 2011

Friday, Sept. 9th

Today in class we reread the book "McDuff Moves In" and talked about the fact that children who read a book more than once have a better understanding of that book. Rereading is a good comprehension strategy and I encourage my students to reread their books and classwork.
In math we counted money and read a fun poem to help us remember the names and value of each coin. In writing we started our writer's journal time by decorating our journals- thanks so much for sending in the materials on such short notice!! I appreciate it and the kids LOVED decorating their journal and making it "special"

Today I sent home the Poupard Newsletter. Please read it!

I did not send home any homework or your child's "take home folder" yet. I am waiting until next Friday to begin these routines so that I can go over the procedures with you at Back To School Night.

Back To School Night is TUESDAY, Sept. 13th at 6:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment