Thursday, September 01, 2011

Welcome Back!

Welcome back to school and to the 2nd grade! I am so excited to get this year started with my 19 new 2nd grade friends :)  I have been at school the last couple weeks getting everything ready and have lots and lot and lots of ideas for the class this year.  I will be sending home a little note, classroom handbook and parent questionnaire on the first day of school.  Please read it through and return it to me asap.  I also prepared a little presentation about our classroom and school that we will go through on back to school night (Sept. 13th)

Here are a few helpful tips that I can give you now to help the first week go smoothly:

  • We have a half day on Tuesday the 5th. The kids get out at 11:34am.
  • 2nd Grade will now line up in the morning and be dismissed by the PEACE GARDEN (located in the grassy area between the big parking lot and the blacktop where they lined up last year) There will be a sign with my name on it so you know where to stand :)
  • We do not have specials the first day but we will go to Library on Wednesday, PE on Thursday (wear gym shoes!), and Art on Friday (make sure you have brought in your art shirt by then!)
  • My email is Katharine.Stewart@gpschools.org Please let me know if you have any concerns or questions at anytime.


Enjoy your LAST weekend before school starts!! See you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment