Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday, Sept. 26th

Today in class we had our first REAL math test! I will be talking them home tonight to grade and you should see the results in your Friday folder on Friday :) Ask your child how they think it went!

In reading we read a non-fiction book about insects. We found out that insects have 3 body parts (head, thorax, and abdomen), anntenae, and wings. We also learned that ALL INSECTS have 6 legs--this was pretty amazing to the kids. We also did a fun reading response writing where we wrote about what we learned. Look for yours on Friday!

Tomorrow is book exchange. All the kids have a flier about it TODAY in the backpack. Look it over and send in your books if you want to participate.

Picture day is WEDNESDAY!! I only have 1 order form so far so I am assuming the rest of you are planning to send it in on Wednesday. Don't forget! We are not planning to do the spring pictures this year so this might be the only chance.

(**note: today was C day. That means tomorrow is D (art). I know some of you are having a hard time keeping track of this so I thought I'd give you a little reminder. Email me for the schedule if you want it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment